Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/gluten-free-lemon-poppy-seed-cookies/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
1 1/3 cup fine almond flour
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, packed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon poppy seeds plus additional for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a light colored baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, salt and lemon zest until well combined. Stir in the softened room temperature butter
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and extracts, then scrape with a rubber spatula into the dry mix. Stir until well combined. Finally, stir in the poppy seeds.
- Transfer dough to prepared sheet using rounded tablespoons. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand. Sprinkle additional poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes until the edges are a very light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool at least 10 minutes before enjoying. These are delicious at room temperature or out of the fridge.