- 2/3 cup full-fat or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients for caramel in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Maintain simmer for 20 minutes as you periodically stir the caramel and scrape any browned bits off the bottom and sides of the pan. Remove caramel from heat once it has reduced to a thick brown syrup that sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Transfer caramel to a small glass dish and let cool for a few minutes before spreading on your cookies as directed in the blog post.