This weeknight-friendly paleo, grain-free and soy-free Gluten-Free Lo Mein is made with cassava noodles, broccoli, carrots and an easy homemade sauce.
This Gluten-Free Lo Mein is:
an easy weeknight meal – it’ll be ready in 25 minutes or less!
made in just one skillet and one pot for easy clean-up.
made with easy-to-find ingredients
free of major allergens like gluten, soy, dairy and eggs
This gluten-free Garlic Lo Mein is lightly sauced with a homemade “soy” sauce made from coconut aminos, honey, lime juice, garlic, sesame oil and pepper.
You can add extra veggies too! I recommend snow peas, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, bok choy or mushrooms.
Jovial’s NEW Cassava Noodles
I have been loving Jovial’s new cassava noodles lately. They are made with just cassava flour and water, making them grain-free, gluten-free and soy-free too. They don’t break down or stick together like many grain-free pastas, and they feel and taste like the “real” thing.
In this recipe, I use their cassava spaghetti noodles. If you can’t source those, you can use any spaghetti noodle that works for your body. Just be sure to follow the cook time instructions on the box!
If you can’t find it at a local retailer, you can purchase Jovial grain-free pasta on Amazon HERE.
How to make Gluten-Free Lo Mein:
1. Cook your gluten-free spaghetti noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet or wok, brown your onion in coconut oil. Then add broccoli to skillet and steam for 2 to 3 minutes. Finally, add carrots and garlic and cook until veggies are crisp-tender, just a few minutes.
3. Whisk together your homemade lo mein sauce and toss with the cooked veggies and noodles. Top with crushed cashews and green onion and serve warm.
Gluten-Free Lo Mein
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 23 min
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
1 8-ounce box Jovial Cassava Spaghetti noodles
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3/4 cup white onion, diced
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
1 tablespoon water
3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
2 large cloves garlic, minced
For the sauce:
1/4 cup coconut aminos
Juice of 1 lime
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
For serving: chopped cashews, white sesame seed and/or sliced green onions
- Bring large pot of water to boil with 2 teaspoons sea salt. Cook noodles according to package directions (11 minutes) and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in large skillet or wok. Sauté onions until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet and brown for 1 minute then add water and cover with lid to steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and add carrots and garlic with two pinches of salt, sautéing just for 2-3 min so broccoli and carrots are crisp-tender (not mushy).
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Stir in cooked and drained noodles and whisked sauce and cook, tossing, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with crushed cashews, sesame seeds and green onions.
You can use 8 ounces of any gluten-free spaghetti noodle in this recipe.
Vegan: Use maple instead of honey
AIP: omit sesame and cashews
Want to try other recipes like this?
Pineapple Chicken and Broccoli
Sweet & Sticky Chicken
Chicken and Coconut Rice with Nut-Free Satay Sauce
Simple yet flavorful dish! Added some extra veggies that I had in my fridge including mushrooms, green beans and green cabbage.
Love this one. So delicious!