1 8-ounce box Jovial Cassava Spaghetti noodles
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3/4 cup white onion, diced
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
1 tablespoon water
3 medium carrots, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
2 large cloves garlic, minced
For the sauce:
1/4 cup coconut aminos
Juice of 1 lime
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
For serving: chopped cashews, white sesame seed and/or sliced green onions
- Bring large pot of water to boil with 2 teaspoons sea salt. Cook noodles according to package directions (11 minutes) and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in large skillet or wok. Sauté onions until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet and brown for 1 minute then add water and cover with lid to steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and add carrots and garlic with two pinches of salt, sautéing just for 2-3 min so broccoli and carrots are crisp-tender (not mushy).
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Stir in cooked and drained noodles and whisked sauce and cook, tossing, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with crushed cashews, sesame seeds and green onions.
You can use 8 ounces of any gluten-free spaghetti noodle in this recipe.
Vegan: Use maple instead of honey
AIP: omit sesame and cashews