Paleo and Whole30 Savory Meatballs made extra flavorful with garlic, parsley, sage and a secret ingredient. Almond flour replaces bread crumbs in this gluten-free recipe. Served over an easy whipped cauliflower puree.
I shared this recipe on my Instagram last week, and it was met with high praise! It was one of those happy accident recipes. I made the spice mixture for a different recipe (oven-baked turkey jerky), but we had a regular old turkey snafu. Instead, I combined the spices and seasonings with the two pounds of ground beef in my fridge with some meatball-y ingredients (almond flour for bread crumbs and eggs to bind it all together).
These Savory Meatballs are Paleo-friendly and Whole30 (just be sure to leave off the optional grated asiago). They are so delicious, I made them two nights in a row. As a recipe developer, it’s rare I remake my recipes once I’ve nailed them, but we couldn’t get enough. The second night I served them over this whipped cauliflower puree. If you have a couple bags of frozen cauliflower in your freezer right now, you have a good reason to pull them out.
What you need for Paleo Meatballs and Whipped Cauliflower Puree:
- Ground beef (85-90%)
- Almond Flour
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
- Onion Powder
- Sea Salt
- Dried Sage
- Fish Sauce
- Frozen Cauliflower
- Ghee or Butter
- Coconut Cream
- Cracked Pepper
You will love these savory meatballs served over a quick steam and whipped cauliflower puree. You simply steam the frozen cauliflower until tender and blend with ghee, coconut cream, fresh garlic and salt. The next day I used some leftover Cauliflower Puree for the base of a gluten-free pizza. I chopped up the meatballs, added finely chopped kale massaged in olive oil, salt, pepper and more grated asiago. One of the best pizzas we’ve had in a long time!
If you’re looking for more Paleo Meatballs recipes, here are a few of my fave:
Savory Meatballs with Whipped Cauliflower Puree
- 2 pounds ground beef (85-90%)
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 3/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
- optional: shredded parmesan or asiago and fresh basil
- 20-ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients except cheese and basil.
- Form 16 even-size 2-ounce balls and place on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes depending on desired doneness (medium to well)
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain any liquid.
- Blend cauliflower with remaining ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and whipped.