Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/turkey-stuffing-stew/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Turkey Stuffing Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups homemade beef or poultry bone broth
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 green plantains, peeled and diced (1/2-inch pieces)
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, for serving
- for serving: chopped parsley (optional)
olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onions, parsnips and celery with ½ teaspoon sea salt and the bay leaf
for 10 to 12 minutes until softened and lightly caramelized.
Transfer contents of pot to a blender with the broth. Puree until smooth and set aside.
turkey into the pot. Sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt, thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, and cinnamon
. Cook until no longer pink then add the plantains to the pot.
Cook turkey and plantains together for 3 minutes and then add the pureed broth/veggies to the pot. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes until the plantains and the stew is creamy and thickened.
Meanwhile cook the bacon in a separate skillet until crisp. Transfer to a cutting board to cool and then crumble.
Taste stew and adjust seasoning if desired. Top bowls of stew with crumbled bacon and minced parsley to serve.
To make recipe in Instant Pot, "Saute" bacon until crispy and set aside, "Saute" veggies and turkey with seasonings in bacon fat until golden, add broth and plantains, seal the lid and pressure cook on "Manual" for 8 minutes. Top with crumbled bacon.