Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/turkey-stir-fry-with-ginger-sauce/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Turkey Stir Fry with Ginger Sauce
Ginger Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, scooped from top of canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger (up to 3 teaspoons for spicier sauce)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked salt
Turkey Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 cups peeled and diced white sweet potato
- 1 cup diced red onion, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- cracked pepper to taste
- for serving: avocado, toasted cashews and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all of the ingredients for the Ginger Stir Fry Sauce except the coconut aminos and smoked salt.
- Bring to a boil uncovered over medium heat. Allow to reduce for 10 minutes until thickened into a dark sauce that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and smoked salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the Turkey Stir Fry. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add all but 3 tablespoons of the diced red onion to the skillet along with the diced sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring every few minutes, until the potatoes are browned and almost cooked through.
- Stir in the ground turkey and season with crack pepper. Once the turkey is almost cooked through, cover the skillet with a lid for 1 minute to steam cook the sweet potatoes, if they are not fully cooked yet.
- Stir in the Ginger Stir Fry Sauce until combined. Finally, add in the green onion.
- Serve topped with the remaining 3 tablespoons of red onion and any other optional toppings like avocado, cashew and fresh cilantro.
You may also use ground pork in this recipe.