Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/pressure-cooker-pot-roast-in-less-than-1-hour-paleo-aip-whole30/
© 2017 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- 2 pounds beef loin roast
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup broth
- 2 medium rutabagas, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Pink Lady apple, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Place beef loin roast in Instant Pot insert with fat cap side down. Rub the dried herbs, garlic and onion, and sea salt on the meaty side of the roast. Brush balsamic on top of the meat and layer with onion slices. Pour broth around the roast.
- Seal the lid and set to cook on "Manual" for 50 minutes. When timer elapses, vent the lid and transfer the roast to a cutting board. Slice against the grain into 1-inch chunks.
- Return meat to the insert along with the vegetables and apple. Seal the lid and set to cook on "Manual" for another 10 minutes. When timer elapses, vent the lid, stir in the coconut aminos to slightly break up the onions and rutabaga to help thicken the liquid. Serve warm sprinkled with parsley.
You may also use other large cuts of beef like chuck roast.