Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/gluten-free-protein-breakfast-cookies/
© 2019 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Protein Breakfast Cookies
1 1/3 cup fine ground almond flour
¼ cup unflavored collagen peptides
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (I use sunbutter brand)
¼ cup liquid coconut oil (or room temperature ghee)
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp chia seeds
3 tablespoons hot water
1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a light-colored baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, collagen, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Stir in the sunflower butter, coconut oil and honey or maple syrup until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and hot water. Let sit for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir your "chia egg" into the batter until smooth. Now mix in the sunflower seeds, raisins and shredded carrots until well combined.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet. To make even-shaped cookies, place a 3-inch biscuit cutter on top of each cookie and smooth the mixture to the edges to create a nice round cookie. Alternatively, shape the cookies with your hands into 3-inch diameter rounds to create 7-8 cookies.
- Bake for 17 to 18 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool completely before serving. The cookies will be soft on the inside until cooled and will firm up even more if stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!