Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders/
© 2018 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders with Maple Dijon Dipping Sauce
1 pound chicken tender, about 9 to 10 total
3 tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot starch
1 teaspoon sea salt
cracked black pepper
1/4 cup coconut milk (or 1 beaten egg)
1 cup raw pecan halves, finely ground in your food processor or blender
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, whisk together tapioca or arrowroot, sea salt and a few grinds of cracked black pepper. Toss chicken with the flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Pour coconut milk or beaten egg over chicken and toss until coated.
- Spread finely ground pecans on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roll chicken tenders in the pecans until well coated on all sides. Lay flat on baking sheet, ensuring the tenders do not touch.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Flip carefully with tongs. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tenders are fully cooked.
- Whisk together maple and mustard and serve as a dipping sauce with the tenders.