This gluten-free and grain-free Breakfast Pizza features a garlic-herb dairy-free cream cheese base with wilted spinach, soft-cooked and fluffy eggs, crispy bacon and melted cheese of choice. It is the PERFECT make ahead gluten-free breakfast and freezes well for meal prep, batch cooking and post-partum breakfasts.
This recipe was born out of my family’s financial need to stop buying the gluten-free breakfast pizza 3 times a week from the cafe down the street. Addicted. So I wanted to make a Gluten Free and Grain-Free Breakfast Pizza replica that was as easy to prepare as it was to eat.
Ingredients in Gluten-Free Paleo Breakfast Pizza
Simple Mills Pizza Dough (or your favorite medium-thickness crust pizza dough recipe)
Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese (or your favorite dairy-free or regular cream cheese)
Soft scrambled and fluffy eggs – I like Vital Choice Pastured Organic Eggs
Crispy bacon bits – We buy Butcherbox Bacon which we get delivered every month.
Wilted spinach – use organic since spinach is on the Dirty Dozen list
Cheese of choice – I like grass-fed swiss or sharp cheddar, but you can get fancy with gouda or parmesan
How to make Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizza
1. You can use any pizza crust recipe of choice, but I prefer the ease and convenience of the Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix which you can purchase at many grocery stores in the baking aisle.
2. Pre-bake your crust before adding the toppings. In this recipe, I use a thin layer of dairy-free cream cheese, wilted spinach, soft-cooked eggs, crispy bacon bits and melted cheese.
3. Simply pop the assembled pizza back in the oven to get the cheese melted to hold everything together!
4. Slice into 6 to 12 squares and serve warm.
My tips for Simple Mills Pizza Dough
The boxed recipe calls for two tablespoons oil of choice, and I like to use extra virgin olive oil for the flavor.
The boxed recipe calls for baking at 350 degrees for a total of 15 minutes, but you’ll see in the recipe how I adapt the oven temperature and cooking time to my preference of a firmer crust.
You can choose to make two smaller pizzas or one regular size pizza. I prefer to make one big square pizza for this breakfast pizza recipe. Slice it in easy-to-pick up pieces with less of a chance of the egg falling off.
Make Ahead Breakfast Pizza Ideas
If you enjoy the below recipe, try these other varieties:
Tomato sauce base with cooked Italian sausage and finely chopped peppers, scrambled eggs, spinach and melted cheese.
Make it dairy-free by topping with Siete Foods Queso and baking as directed below.
Try a potato and broccoli version with cubed roasted potato, roasted broccoli florets, scrambled eggs and parmesan-mozzarella cheese mixture.
If you’re looking for other grab and go convenient gluten-free breakfast recipes, try my Gluten-Free Protein Breakfast Cookies and Whole30 Breakfast Meatballs.
1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix
5 slices bacon, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
8 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons coconut cream or heavy cream
fine sea salt and cracked pepper
1/3 cup Kite Hill plain almond cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3 handfuls baby spinach, torn
2 to 3 ounces cheese of choice (swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, etc), shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the pizza dough according to the box instructions. Transfer to the baking sheet and use another sheet of parchment paper to smooth the dough into a large rectangle or square about 1/3-inch thick, ensuring not to make it too thin. It has some heavy eggs to hold up!
- Bake for 10 minutes until the crust edges are lightly golden and the center of the crust is firm to the touch.
- While the crust bakes, cook the chopped bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy (about 5 to 7 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut or heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and cracked pepper (to taste) until smooth.
- Grease a clean large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs, lifting and stirring with a spatula every minute or so until just set and soft cooked. Do NOT overcook the eggs or they will dry out in the oven. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the same skillet you cooked the eggs in and wilt the spinach until tender. Set aside.
- Lastly, stir the cream cheese, parsley, garlic and onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt together in a small bowl.
- Once pizza timer is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Turn the temperature up to 400 degrees.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the herbed cream cheese into a thin layer over the crust. Top with the wilted spinach and then the soft cooked eggs, bacon bits and finally the shredded cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Broil for just 1 to 2 minutes, if you’d like it a little more crispy.
- Slice into 6 to 12 servings and enjoy warm! This Breakfast Pizza freezes well once sliced and can be reheated in the oven within 6 months.