There are five food groups for me: meat, seafood, fruits, veggies and CRUNCHY food. I love a good crispy carrot stick, and I usually nibble on those while I cook dinner (so I don’t eat said dinner’s leftovers for the next day!) But on the AIP, it’s hard to get that crunchy sensation outside of veggies and fruits. Enter Mission Heirloom. Enter 1-ingredient, grain-free Yucan Crunch. Enter my mouth.
Yucan Crunch is a 100% organic, non-gmo AIP-Friendly cracker made from yuca root fiber!
Mission Heirloom is a well-known Paleo-friendly restaurant in California that offers organic and biodynamic foods free from grains, soy, legumes, etc. They are very in tune with the needs of the autoimmune community and have special AIP menu items available all the time! I have contemplated taking a trip out to the San Francisco area just so I could dine with them!
Yucan Crunch can be topped with an assortment of sweet and savory toppings! Just toast to your liking in a pan or in your oven (I eat them without toasting for time’s sake) and get creative with toppings!
How I Crunch
- Layered with pate, avocado slices and kraut for a nutrient-rich 5-minute breakfast or lunch!
- Smeared with coconut oil, a touch raw honey, sliced strawberries and sea salt for a low-sugar treat!
- Topped with mashed sardines, avocado, lime juice, sea salt and diced cucumber for an omega-3 rich lunch!
- Finely crushed and blended with dates, coconut oil, orange zest & rosewater for a Middle Eastern inspired energy ball!
- In this Ginger Cookie Ice Cream – little crunchy pieces are coated with ground ginger for a no-bake anti-inflammatory summer dessert!
This ice cream tastes like a ginger cookie but is made with coconut milk & sweet potato! I use my Whynter Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker for the creamiest homemade ice cream!