Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/five-spice-beef-skillet-with-fennel-currants/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Five Spice Beef Skillet
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 4 cups shredded butternut squash
- 1/2 cup homemade beef or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- handful each of parsley and cilantro, chopped
In a large skillet, cook
the ground beef
over medium heat, breaking up with a spoon into crumbled pieces. Once cooked through, stir in half of the seasoning mixture. Transfer seasoned beef
to a bowl and set aside.
fennel and red onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until the fennel is crisp-tender. If ground beef
did not render enough fat to cook the vegetables, add a tablespoon of your fat of choice.
Add butternut squash, remaining seasoning, and broth to the skillet. Turn heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Steam cook the vegetables for 2 minutes until the squash is tender.
from the heat and stir in the ground beef
, currants, lemon, herbs, and additional sea salt