This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken with Almond Butter Satay is a quick and easy family-friendly dinner. It’s Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
Can’t stop, won’t stop using my Instant Pot! And apparently neither can you guys because so many of you have been enjoying The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook since it released a couple days ago. It includes over 140 AIP compliant and Paleo Instant Pot Recipes ranging from soups to BBQ Chicken and even desserts.
I planned my meals this week from the cookbook and wanted to make a blog recipe for you too. One of my favorite recipes from the book, Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy, which I shared with you as a preview recipe.
You’re going to love this quick and easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken with Almond Butter Satay too! The Almond Butter Satay sauce really flavors the basic shredded chicken which is also combined with fresh cilantro and green onions! I recommend serving it over cauliflower rice or with a light crunchy salad such as a jicama and carrot slaw!
I’ve used a variety of Instant Pot models – they are so affordable now – and they last years!
How to make Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
Add chicken breasts and thighs as well as bone broth to your Instant Pot insert. Sprinkle sea salt evenly on chicken. Seal the lid and press the “Poultry” or “Pressure Cook” setting to cook for 20 minutes.
When the timer is up, manually release the pressure and transfer chicken to a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken well.
How to make Paleo Almond Butter Satay
Combine creamy almond butter, coconut aminos, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
Whisk vigorously until smooth and creamy. Use in place of peanut satay sauce in any recipe including the below Instant Pot Shredded Chicken with Almond Butter Satay
If you’re looking for some more healthy Paleo Instant Pot cookbooks, check out The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook and receive over 80 recipes!
Shredded Chicken with Almond Satay
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds mixed boneless skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- Almond Satay:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut or cashew milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Shredded Chicken:
- Add chicken and bone broth to your Instant Pot insert. Sprinkle sea salt evenly on chicken. Seal the lid and press the "Poultry" or "Pressure Cook" setting to cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the almond satay sauce below.
- When the timer is up, manually release the pressure and transfer chicken to a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken well.
- Let cool until just warm before transferring the shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and tossing with the satay sauce, green onions, and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.
For the Almond Satay: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.