Dairy Free Strawberry Yogurt Pops made with fresh organic strawberries, cooked and pureed, unsweetened vanilla almond Greek yogurt, a touch of honey and sea salt. Kid-friendly, low sugar and a good source of vitamin C!
These Dairy Free Strawberry Yogurt Pops are a recipe spawned from problem solving. Anyone else getting tired of giving their kids the same snacks over and over again? If I’m over looking at them – I can only imagine how they feel! My oldest during summer is always asking for “lollipops” (popsicles), and while there are some pretty “clean” ingredient ones at the store, they still have way more sugar in them than I would like. Especially when she’s asking for one multiple times a week!
I came into a whole extra pound of the juiciest, sweetest organic strawberries recently, which felt like such a treat in itself. Instead of eating them straight from the container (delicious but boring), I set out to make low-sugar dairy-free strawberry yogurt pops.
These kid-friendly (but you’ll like them too) Strawberry Yogurt Pops are made by cooking down juicy red strawberries on the stovetop and letting them cool. You’ll then simply blend them up with Kite Hill Unsweetened Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or your vanilla yogurt of choice), a bit of honey and a touch of sea salt.
Easy breeze and full of vitamin C, fiber, probiotics and sweet enough to call a treat but not lead to the after-treat tantrums. Straight out of the freezer they’re a little icy, so let them sit out for about 5 minutes before serving!
What you need for homemade dairy-free Strawberry Popsicles:
- Fresh organic strawberries – the juicier and sweeter the better!
- Fresh lemon juice
- Filtered water
- Kite Hill Unsweetened Vanilla Greek Style Yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- Sea Salt
How to make homemade healthy dairy-free popsicles:
1. Cook down the strawberries, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Break up the strawberries with a wooden spoon as they soften.
2. Cool strawberries completely before adding to a high-speed blender with the dairy-free unsweetened vanilla yogurt, honey and sea salt. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Transfer to pop molds and freeze for at least six hours or overnight.
4. To remove frozen pops from molds, run them under warm water until the pops loosen. Dairy-Free Strawberry Yogurt Pops have the best texture when allowed to sit at room temperature for a five minutes before serving.
Looking for more healthy popsicle recipes?
Try my Toasted Coconut Cream Pops – they are Paleo, AIP, Dairy-Free AND Low Sugar!
Dairy Free Strawberry Yogurt Pops
1 pint organic strawberries
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup Kite Hill Unsweetened Vanilla Greek Style Yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
pinch sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring strawberries, water and lemon juice to a simmer over medium-low heat. Allow the berries to cook down for the next 8 to 10 minutes, gently mashing with a wooden spoon, until you achieve a chunky jam.
- Transfer berries to a large plate, spread in an even layer, and let cool completely.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the cooled berries, yogurt, honey and sea salt until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and freeze until solid, at least six hours or overnight.