Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/thai-beef-veggie-noodle-bowl-paleoaip/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Thai Beef & Veggie Noodle Bowl
- Thai Sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- Thai Beef:
- 2 pounds grassfed ground beef, crumbled
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 4 large zucchini, spiralized and cooked using your preferred method to al dente*
- Lime wedges, sliced green onions and cilantro for serving
- For the sauce: Whisk together all ingredients except arrowroot powder. When ready to use, whisk in arrowroot powder with a fork until combinedpan>
- For the beef: In a large deep skillet, cook the ground beef on medium heat until browned and cook through. Season with ½ teaspoon salt. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon leaving the fat and liquid in the skillet.
- Add onions, mushrooms and ½ teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until onions are softened and mushrooms are tender. Stir in carrots and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add beef back to the pan and combine with the veggies. Lower heat to medium-low and stir in the sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over zucchini noodles with limes, sliced green onions and cilantro (optional) on top.
Making zucchini noodles: I place zucchini noodles in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave in 30 seconds intervals, tossing in between. This usually takes between 2 to 3 minutes but will depend on the power of your microwave.