Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/3-step-root-vegetable-leek-soup-paleoaipwhole30/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
3-Step Root Vegetable & Leek Soup
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium white sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups beef bone broth, homemade preferably
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat fat of choice in large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, potatoes, leeks, onion, garlic, sea salt and thyme leaves to pan and cook, stirring every few minutes, for 12 to 15 minutes until tender.
2. Add bone broth to pan and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables soft enough to pierce with a fork.
3. Transfer to a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec and blend on high for at least 60 seconds until you achieve a silky smooth puree.