A protein-rich easy to make and affordable snack for kids and adults!
1 cup organic juice (ex: orange juice, tart cherry juice, concord grape juice, pomegranate juice, watermelom juice, grapefruit juice)
2 tablespoons honey (can be left out when using sweeter juices)
1/4 cup powdered grassfed gelatin*
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the juice and honey until smooth.
- Whisk in the gelatin until smooth. It may start to “bloom” during this process (rehydrate into a thickened mixture. It will thin out when heated.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until you have maintained a simmer for 1 minutes.
- Without cooling, pour into a small rectangular glass dish (like a 6×10 pyrex) or cute silicone molds you can source from Amazon or craft stores.
- Firm in the fridge for a few hours or in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours. Pop out once firm and store in the fridge for up to 1 week!
Note that some enzyme-rich fruits like pineapple, mango, kiwi, and papaya may not firm up as well as other fruit juices.
For jigglier gummies, use 3 tablespoons of powdered gelatin instead. I prefer the texture of firm gummies!
To make Key Lime Pie gummies, use the same method but 1/2 cup coconut cream, 1/2 cup organic lime juice, 2 tablespoons honey and 1/4 cup powdered gelatin.
Keywords: gummies, gelatin, aip, snacks, kids