- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 pound celery root, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 gala apple, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium-high heat for 10 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the onions are soft and browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Saute chicken in the skillet with oregano and ¼ teaspoon sea salt until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to same bowl as bacon and onions.
- Add fat of choice to skillet along with Brussels sprouts and sauté for 5 minutes until browned. Stir in celery root, apple, rosemary, garlic, cinnamon and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Cook for 10 to 12 more minutes until celery root is cooked through.
- Add bacon, onions and chicken back to the skillet and pour in maple syrup, aminos, vinegar, and water. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes allowing the liquid to evaporate. Serve warm.