- 1/3 cup golden flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw and unsalted
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flaxseeds, shredded coconut, chia, hot water and maple syrup. Allow the mixture to soak up the water for about 5 minutes until you achieve a thick slurry.
3. Stir in the coconut oil until well combined. Now stir in the tigernut flour and sea salt followed by the sunflower and hemp seeds.
4. Spread the mixture into a 1/3-inch thick rectangle on your prepared baking sheet, using another piece of parchment paper on top to smooth it evenly. Take your time as you want it to be an even thickness throughout.
5. Bake on your center oven rack for 28 to 30 minutes until the edges are a light golden brown. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool 10 minutes. Slice in half lengthwise and then make 4 slices widthwise to create 8 total slices.
6. Top with whatever you desire and enjoy! No need to toast this bread – I find it’s best at room temperature!