For panna cotta::
- 1 13.5 ounce can full-fat or light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice (or fresh-pressed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1/4 cup cooked and cubed white sweet potato, warm
For Lemon Caramel::
- 2/3 cup full-fat or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic Lemon Juice (or fresh-pressed)
- pinch sea salt
For panna cotta:
- Reserve 1 tablespoon coconut milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine remaining coconut milk, lemon juice, honey and sea salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Whisk gelatin into reserved coconut milk until frothy. Whisk in hot water until combined. Immediately spoon gelatin mixture into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add warm sweet potato the food processor and blend until very smooth ensuring no chunks remain.
- Spoon panna cotta mixture evenly into 4 small glass dishes or ramekins. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until fully set. Spoon cooled caramel on top when ready to serve.
For Lemon Caramel:
- Combine all ingredients for caramel in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Maintain simmer for 20 minutes as you periodically stir the caramel and scrape any browned bits off the bottom and sides of the pan. Remove caramel from heat once it has reduced to a thick brown syrup that sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Transfer caramel to a small glass dish and let cool and thicken.