- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup mashed white sweet potato (bake, microwave or steam and then mash)
- 3/4 cup Made in Nature Dried Apricots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wild Foods Wild Vanilla Powder
- Combine coconut milk, sweet potato and Vanilla Powder in a high powered blender until very smooth.
- Place apricots in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 60 to 90 seconds until soft. Drain the water.
- Add apricots to the blender and blend until pureed and caramel color.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions. Turn ice cream maker off once ice cream is thick and creamy.
I prefer my ice cream on the softer side when freshly churned. Note that homemade coconut milk hardens significantly in the freezer and requires longer thaw time than store-bought ice cream made with emulsifiers.