1 cup fine almond flour
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 eggs, room temperature, whisked
1/2 cup unsalted ghee or coconut oil, softened
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 medium Gala apples, cored and shredded using food processor shredding blade
For crumb topping:
1/4 cup fine almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 10 regular-size muffin tin cups with muffin cups or grease well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, ghee, vanilla, and maple.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed. Stir in the shredded apple.
- Spoon the mixture into the 10 muffin cups ensuring they reach the top of the liner or cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb topping ingredients. Spoon or sprinkle evenly over each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 23 minutes. Let muffins cool completely before removing them from the tin and serving warm or room temperature.