- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed white sweet potato (1/3-inch cubes)
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coconut cream (see tip)
- 2 cups Beef, Fish or Pork bone broth
- 8 ounces wild salmon, cubed
- 8 ounce pre-cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 3.5 ounce can smoked kippers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup packed finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sautee onion, celery, carrots, potatoes, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and bay leaf until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and broth to the pot and bring to a low boil. Stir in salmon, shrimp, kippers, thyme, dill, basil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Cook for 5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through and the vegetables are to desired tenderness. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Ladle into bowls and serve with a scoop of cauliflower rice or white rice for a hearty meal.
Tip: Replace coconut cream with 1/2 cup pureed cooked white sweet potato instead, if desired.