- 1/4 cup EPIC lard (room temperature, softened)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen (do not use gelatin)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or higher)
- Flaked Sea Salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a light colored baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a food processor, cream together the lard or palm shortening, coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar, and vanilla for 20 to 30 seconds until smooth. It is okay if the coconut sugar does not dissolve.
Add almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, collagen, baking soda, cream of tartar, and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt to the food processor and combine until a smooth ball of cookie dough forms. Be sure to scrape down the bottom and sides of the food processor. Remove the blade and stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop tablespoon-size rounded mounds onto the cookie sheet, leaving two inches between each cookie. Lightly press down on top of the mound to flatten the top (they should still be at least 3/4-inch tall after doing this, do not flatten!)
Sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Bake on the center rack for 8 minutes, or until the edges are a LIGHT golden brown. Cool slightly until you can safely transfer them to a wire rack on the countertop to finish cooling.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or on the countertop for no more than 48 hours.
NUT FREE: Sub finely ground tigernut flour for the almond flour.
May use palm shortening in place of the lard for slight variation in results.