- 1 large white onion or 2 trimmed leeks, chopped
- 1 large green plantain, quartered and chopped
- 2 small turnips, cubed
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coldbrew coffee concentrate (omit for AIP)
- 3/4 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder (omit for AIP)
- for serving: diced avocado
Turn Instant Pot “Saute” function on. Sweat onion, plantain, turnip and sweet potato with the oregano, thyme, sea salt, garlic andcumin for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly softened, stirring frequently.
Add cold brew, broth and pumpkin to the insert and stir. Crumble in ground beef with your hands.
Seal lid and set “Manual” timer for 5 minutes. Once timer elapses, immediately vent the pressure.
Stir in the lime, cilantro, green onions, fish sauce, and cocoa and top with avocado. Serve warm.