1 cup coconut butter, well-stirred
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup dried cranberries
5 tablespoons maple butter
flaked sea salt, for topping
- Soften the coconut butter until easy to mix, either by placing the jar in a hot water bath for 10 minutes or by microwaving carefully for 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened coconut butter, coconut oil and dried cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment-lined flat surface like a large plate or cutting board. Spread the mixture evenly into a rectangle (doesn’t need to be perfect) about 1/4 to 1/3-inch thick.
- Use a spoon to swirl in 3 tablespoons of the maple butter evenly into the bark. Sprinkle generously with flaked salt.
- Transfer bark to the freezer to solidify – about 1 hour. Remove from freezer and warm remaining 2 tablespoons maple butter in microwave until liquified. Drizzle evenly over bark. It will solidify within 60 seconds.
- Break bark into pieces of desired size. Store covered in freezer until ready to serve.