1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon tomato paste
8 oz grain-free spaghetti, uncooked
1 cup pasta sauce (tomato/marinara)
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 cups chicken broth
- Turn the Instant Pot Saute Function on medium. Heat the olive oil.
- Saute the ground beef until browned and cooked through, breaking up with a wooden spoon into small chunks. Season with salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Turn the Saute function off.
- Stir together the tomato paste and water and pour over the ground beef.
- Break the spaghetti in half and layer on top of the ground beef evenly.
- Stir the coconut milk into the pasta sauce. Pour the sauce and chicken broth on top of the noodles, covering as much as possible.
- Seal with the lid and pressure cook for 8 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release.
- Stir the spaghetti with the meat sauce and serve with fresh herbs and cheese, if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
For nightshade-free sauce, see the blog post for a link to a recipe. For thin spaghetti (angel hair), decrease the cooking time to 6 minutes. This recipe can also be made with other noodle types, but you’ll need to adjust the cook time based on the thickness of the noodles. For example, penne you’ll want to pressure cook for about 11 minutes since its thicker than spaghetti.
To make AIP: use a nightshade-free tomato sauce and omit the pepper. Use the Jovial grain-free cassava spaghetti.
Keywords: pasta, instant pot, spaghetti, meat sauce