8 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered organic sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups fine almond flour, sifted
2 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine softened butter with sugar and extracts. Blend until whipped and smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour and salt to food processor. Combine until a smooth dough forms. It will not be as firm as typical cookie dough.
- Scrape into a bowl using a rubber spatula, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. This allows the flour to absorb the moisture from the butter and sugar and create a tender, buttery cookie.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Using a food scale to measure, roll 1-ounce portions (about 2 tablespoons) of cookie dough vigorously in your hands to form even balls. Place on cookie sheet 2-inches apart to allow room for the cookies to spread. Do not press the cookies down. They will spread and flatten in the oven.
- Bake for 13 minutes until the edges are a very light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool until firm enough to pick up. Store covered for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days – bringing to room temperature to enjoy.