homemade gluten-free dairy-free cookie dough ice cream made with healthy natural ingredients
Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream Base
1 13.5 oz can organic coconut cream
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
Gluten Free Cookie Dough (for ice cream, not baking)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup gluten free flour blend (or use additional 1/3 cup almond flour)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Blend coconut cream, egg yolk, maple syrup and vanilla on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and turn on according to manufacturer instructions.
- While ice cream is churning, mix together almond flour, gluten-free flour blend, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt. Stir in chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spread out cookie dough onto a small parchment-lined cutting board or flat surface (like a plate you can easily transfer into the freezer) into a rectangle shape about 1/3-inch thick. Using a sharp non-serrated knife, dice cookie dough, leaving in rectangular shape, and freeze while ice cream is churning.
- When ready to mix into ice cream, break apart the cookie dough chunks and stir into the ice cream.
- Serve immediately or if freezing for later, let soften 10 minutes before serving. Store in a sealed glass container in the freezer up to 1 week.
Please note the cookie dough will not work for baking cookies – just for using in this ice cream.
Keywords: homemade ice cream, vegan ice cream, dairy free ice cream, gluten free ice cream, gluten free cookie dough ice cream