- 2 green plantains, about 1 1/4 lbs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil + additional for cooking
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Peel and slice the plantains and place in a blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients except the coconut oil used for frying. Blend for about 20 seconds until pureed. The batter may be slightly chunky, but it will not affect the end recipe.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, drop rounded ¼ cup of batter into pan, leaving 2 inches between fritters. Using the back of a wooden spoon, smooth and flatten the batter so create circles 4-inches wide and no more than 1/3-inch thick. For the best results, ensure the fritters are of even thickness all around.
- Cook on each side for 4 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Fritters are easiest to flip when using a large metal spatula and sliding carefully under the entire fritter. Just make sure the underside is well cooked to prevent the fritter from falling apart when flipping.
- Serve drizzled with additional honey and topped with coconut whipped cream, if desired.