Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/whole30-meatballs-cauliflower-puree/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Savory Meatballs with Whipped Cauliflower Puree
- 2 pounds ground beef (85-90%)
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 3/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
- optional: shredded parmesan or asiago and fresh basil
- 20-ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients except cheese and basil.
- Form 16 even-size 2-ounce balls and place on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes depending on desired doneness (medium to well)
- Steam the cauliflower until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain any liquid.
- Blend cauliflower with remaining ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and whipped.