Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/whole30-breakfast-meatballs/
© 2019 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Whole30 Breakfast Meatballs
1 pound grassfed ground beef
1 8-ounce white or regular sweet potato
1 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced in half lengthwise and widthwise
1 medium gala apple, cored
1 tablespoon finely minced sage
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Have a 24-cup muffin tin pan ready.
- Peel the sweet potato and shred it in your food processor along with the zucchini using the shredding disc. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Now shred the apple in the food processor. No need to squeeze out the liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, shredded sweet potato, zucchini and apple, sage, mustard, and seasonings.
- Using your hands, form about 1 1/2-ounce meatballs with the mixture (I measure using a kitchen scale for even-size meatballs) and place in the muffin tin. I got 20 Breakfast Meatballs out of this recipe as written.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes until cooked through. Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- If prepping for the freezer, freeze in individual layers separated by parchment paper in a Ziploc bag for up to 6 months.