Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-collagen-cookie/
© 2019 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies
1 cup + 2 tablespoons fine almond flour
1/3 cup collagen peptides, unflavored
2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup sunbutter (unsweetened, roasted and salted)
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
¼ cup hot water
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2/3 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
2 tablespoons white quinoa (dry)
flaked sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together. Stir in the sunbutter, pumpkin, and coconut sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot water and chia seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes to form a gel. Mix this "chia egg" into the batter until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and dry quinoa until mixed.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet. To make even-shaped cookies, place a 3-inch biscuit cutter on top of each cookie and smooth the mixture to the edges to create a nice round cookie. Alternatively, shape the cookies with your hands into 3-inch diameter rounds to create about 6 cookies. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 17 to 18 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.