I released a Christmas cookie (these AIP Snowball Cookies) last week but wanted to also make a pumpkin treat for you guys too!
These pumpkin blondies are dense, moist, cake-like & made with tons of whole foods like plantain, pumpkin, dates, and coconut butter. They’re the best when served from the fridge smeared with creamed maple syrup, also known as Maple Butter.
The Maple Butter linked here is my favorite store-bought, but you can also make your own using this method by Oh She Glows. Have you had “maple leaf cookies” from Canada? Maple Butter is like the cream inside those cookies but more smooth and spreadable like almond butter. It’s THE BEST. And it takes these blondies to the next level! Without the Maple Butter they are more like a dense, yummy pumpkin bread.
Enjoy these naturally-sweetened “blondies” without inflammatory flours or processed sugars! Even add chocolate chips for pumpkin chocolate blondies!
Paleo Pumpkin Blondies
- 1/2 cup packed soft pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pureed green plantain
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened and well-stirred
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Zocalo sweet potato flour