Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/nightshade-free-instant-pot-chili-paleowhole30aip-adaptable-2051/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Nightshade-Free Instant Pot Chili
- 1 large white onion or 2 trimmed leeks, chopped
- 1 large green plantain, quartered and chopped
- 2 small turnips, cubed
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coldbrew coffee concentrate (omit for AIP)
- 3/4 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder (omit for AIP)
- for serving: diced avocado
Turn Instant Pot “Saute” function on. Sweat onion, plantain, turnip and sweet potato with the oregano, thyme, sea salt, garlic andcumin for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly softened, stirring frequently.
cold brew, broth and pumpkin to the insert and stir. Crumble in ground beef
with your hands.
Seal lid and set “Manual” timer for 5 minutes. Once timer elapses, immediately vent the pressure.
in the lime, cilantro, green onions, fish sauce
, and cocoa and top with avocado. Serve warm.