Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/instant-pot-pulled-pork/
© 2014 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Pressure Cooker Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 oz bone broth of choice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs of choice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Pour fat of choice into the bottom of the pot and spread it around with a spatula. Salt pork generously on all sides and place in hot oil. Sear on each side, uncovered, for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Set the Instant Pot to the manual pressure cooker setting for 70 minutes. Add cranberries and broth to the bottom of pot, being sure not to "wash away" the salt off the pork. Sprinkle chopped herbs, apple cider vinegar and honey on top and close the lid. Cook undisturbed for full 70 minutes.
- Release the pressure using the release valve, remove the pork to a cutting board and use two fork to shred the pork. Place back in the Instant Pot, sprinkle with a pinch more sea salt, and set the manual option for another 10 minutes. This allows the shredded pork to absorb the broth, increasing it's moisture and flavor.
- Remove pork and cranberries from the liquid and place in a large serving dish. Toss with the cinnamon, garlic, and cloves and serve warm.
For Tacos: Serve in steamed kale, collard, or chard leaves with crispy sliced lettuce, avocado, cilantro, parsley, diced cucumber, jicama or beet matchsticks, coconut cream, and lime juice.
For Bowls: Serve with all the taco accoutrements over a bowl of cauliflower rice with guacamole & roasted zucchini.