Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/healthy-star-crunch-cookies/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Healthy Star Crunch
1/2 cup unsalted tahini
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup softened coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup collagen peptides
2 1/3 cups crispy rice cereal
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine tahini, maple syrup, softened coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt over medium-low heat.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, stir in the collagen peptides until dissolved. Continuously stir as the caramel mixture thickens for the next 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool a couple minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crispy rice cereal and shredded coconut with the warm caramel, scraping the saucepan clean with the rubber spatula.
- Time to transfer the cookies to your prepared baking sheet. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter to create round and compact cookies, spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons crispy rice mixture into the biscuit cutter. Using clean hands, press mixture firmly and evenly into the mold and remove. Repeat with the remaining mixture, placing the cookies on your parchment lined sheet.
- Refrigerate cookies for 30 minutes until firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil together in a shallow bowl.
- Carefully coat all sides of your Star Crunch cookies in the melted chocolate, using a spoon to help you evenly coat all the nooks and crannies. Place the cookies back on the parchment lined baking sheet and return to the fridge to solidify for another 15 minutes.
- Serve straight from the fridge or let sit out for a few minutes before serving!