Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/gluten-free-sunbutter-twix-bars/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Sunbutter Twix Bars
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sunbutter (unsweetened, unsalted)
2/3 to 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
For the Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rectangle 3-cup glass Pyrex dish (or similar sized 7.5"x5.5" inch glass dish) with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tigernut and coconut flour. Stir in coconut oil, maple and vanilla until well combined. Press evenly into parchment lined dish.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the caramel.
For the Sunbutter Caramel
- In a small saucepan, bring coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla to a low boil over medium-low heat. Let boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat, stir in sunbutter and allow to bubble and thicken, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, for 3 to 5 more minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before spreading evenly on cookie crust.
- Refrigerate in baking dish for at least 2 hours until hardened, or overnight.
For Chocolate Coating:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring with a rubber spatula, until smooth and fully melted. Stir in the coconut oil.
Assemble the twix bars:
- Slice the refrigerated and hardened cookie crust with caramel into 5 to 6 slices widthwise. Slice those in half to make mini twix bars.
- Using two spoons, individually dip the bars in the melted chocolate, ensuring they're well coated. Return to a parchment lined plate. Repeat with remaining bars and chocolate.
- Return to refrigerator to harden for another 3o to 60 minutes (you can speed this up in the freezer). Enjoy! I like these best when they've been allowed to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.