Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/gluten-free-breakfast-pizza/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizza
1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix
5 slices bacon, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
8 eggs, whisked
2 tablespoons coconut cream or heavy cream
fine sea salt and cracked pepper
1/3 cup Kite Hill plain almond cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3 handfuls baby spinach, torn
2 to 3 ounces cheese of choice (swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, etc), shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the pizza dough according to the box instructions. Transfer to the baking sheet and use another sheet of parchment paper to smooth the dough into a large rectangle or square about 1/3-inch thick, ensuring not to make it too thin. It has some heavy eggs to hold up!
- Bake for 10 minutes until the crust edges are lightly golden and the center of the crust is firm to the touch.
- While the crust bakes, cook the chopped bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy (about 5 to 7 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut or heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and cracked pepper (to taste) until smooth.
- Grease a clean large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs, lifting and stirring with a spatula every minute or so until just set and soft cooked. Do NOT overcook the eggs or they will dry out in the oven. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the same skillet you cooked the eggs in and wilt the spinach until tender. Set aside.
- Lastly, stir the cream cheese, parsley, garlic and onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt together in a small bowl.
- Once pizza timer is up, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Turn the temperature up to 400 degrees.
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the herbed cream cheese into a thin layer over the crust. Top with the wilted spinach and then the soft cooked eggs, bacon bits and finally the shredded cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Broil for just 1 to 2 minutes, if you'd like it a little more crispy.
- Slice into 6 to 12 servings and enjoy warm! This Breakfast Pizza freezes well once sliced and can be reheated in the oven within 6 months.