Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/coffee-cake-baked-oatmeal/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Baked Oatmeal
2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or unflavored)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon ghee, butter or coconut oil (room temperature, soft but not melted)
2 tablespoons Simple Mills Vanilla Frosting, piped from a plastic bag
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple, vanilla and vinegar. Stir into the oat mixture until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Allow the oats to soak for 10 minutes while the oven preheats. Grease a 8x11 inch glass baking dish with oil on the bottoms and sides.
- Spread the oatmeal evenly into the prepared dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the dry crumble ingredients and then stir in the ghee until you achieve a wet sandy mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the par-baked oatmeal then return to the oven for another 12 to 14 minutes to finish baking ensuring you do not over-bake.
- Remove and let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving with the piped frosting, if desired. Best served warm!