Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-blondie-bars/
© 2019 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - Paleo/Gluten-Free/Egg-Free
½ cup room ghee, unsalted, room temperature
½ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ cup hot water
2 cups finely ground almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon fine salt
1 cup allergy-free chocolate chips
flaked salt of choice (like Maldon brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange oven rack in middle of the oven. Grease a 8-inch x 8-inch glass square baking dish and then line it with parchment paper. This will help the parchment paper stick.
- Cream together the ghee, coconut sugar, vanilla and vinegar in a food processor for 30 to 60 seconds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the chia seeds with the hot water. Allow to gel for 5 minutes. Once gelled, add to the food processor and process for 15 to 20 seconds until combined with the creamed ghee and sugar.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and salt to the food processor and combine for 20 to 30 seconds until well mixed.
- Remove the lid of the food processor and stir in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape the mixture into your prepared baking dish and spread evenly with the spatula.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the top if firm to the touch. Sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving. I like them served straight from the fridge, but that’s just my preference!
You can likely substitute the chia egg for 1 regular egg, 1 flax egg or 1 gelatin egg