Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/chocolate-cherry-gummy-bears-paleoaip-adaptable/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Cherry Gummy Bears
- 1 cup frozen pitted sweet cherries
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup gelatin powder
- pinch sea salt
- Place your gummy molds on a flat transportable surface like a cutting board. Clear out a flat space in your freezer that you can place the molds without them tipping over.
- Heat cherries over medium heat in a small saucepan until they burst, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree. Return to saucepan.
- Add cherry and honey to saucepan and whisk to combine with the cherry puree. Bring mixture to a low boil and immediately whisk in cocoa powder until combined.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let sit for 1 minute.
- Slowly, slowly, slowly (I repeat, slowly) sprinkle in a small amount of gelatin at a time (1 to 2 teaspoons) and whisk until no clumps remain. If you add too much at the same time, you risk getting clumps. Stir in the sea salt.
- If using these gummy bear molds, use the dropper to distribute gummy liquid into each individual mold. If you have leftover liquid, pour into a parchment lined glass container (the smaller the container, the thicker the gummy bites will be).
- Place molds and glass container (if it was needed) in the freezer to set the gummies. Bears should be set in about 20 minutes and the bars will likely take a bit longer.