Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/chicken-and-rice-meatballs-gluten-free/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Chicken and Rice Meatballs
1 pound ground chicken
1 egg, whisked
1/3 cup fine almond flour
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
¼ teaspoon dried sage
1 1/3 cup cooked and cooled jasmine rice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange an oven rack in the top third of the oven. Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet with fat of choice.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken with the egg. Stir in the almond flour and seasonings. Finally, mix in the cooked and cooled rice until well combined.
- Add any of the bonus additions listed above in the article, if choosing to use.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, form 8 to 9 meatballs and place in cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the broiler on high and broil for 1 to 2 minutes to lightly brown the top of the meatballs.
- Serve with hummus, pesto, baba ghanoush, guacamole or your favorite dip!