Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/avocado-carob-fudge-bars-aipvegan/
© 2020 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Avocado Fudge Bars
- 10 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract or vanilla bean powder
- pinch sea salt
Avocado Fudge Layer
Chocolate Fudge Layer
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or palm shortening
- Line an 8x4'' rectangular glass container or loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the Coconut-Date Layer. Blend for at least 30 to 60 seconds until a wet mixture that sticks together forms. Press evenly and firmly into the bottom of your prepared dish. Place in freezer while you make the next layer.
- Clean out the food processor and add all the ingredients for the Avocado Fudge Layer. Blend until pureed. Scrape and smooth on top of the Coconut-Date Layer. Return to freezer.
- Now make the Chocolate Fudge Layer. In a glass measuring cup, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Alternatively, you can melt over a double boiler. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter until smooth. If needed to thin out to a pourable consistency, stir in the remaining tablespoon butter. Smooth on top of the Avocado Fudge Layer using a small rubber spatula. Return to freezer until firm - at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into bars or 1-inch squares and store in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator or freezer.
If you need to replace the Chocolate Fudge layer with carob, use the below recipe:
¼ cup coconut butter, room temperature
¼ cup palm shortening, room temperature
2 tablespoons carob powder
2 teaspoons honey
- Melt coconut butter and palm shortening in a microwaveable glass dish, about 30 seconds. Stir in the carob powder and honey until smooth.