Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/apple-pie-ice-cream/
© 2017 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Dairy-Free Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 1 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed white sweet potato
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup well-stirred coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice (see note below for AIP)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Apple Pie Topping:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium gala apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a blender, combine all ice cream ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the Apple Pie Topping. In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut oil. Saute apples until tender 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in apple butter and ground cinnamon to thicken. Keep warm and serve atop the churned ice cream.
AIP Apple Pie Spice: 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon + 1 teaspoon ground mace + 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (you may also add 1 teaspoon ground ginger for added anti-inflammatory benefits!)