Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/almond-chicken-satay/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Shredded Chicken with Almond Satay
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds mixed boneless skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- Almond Satay:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut or cashew milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Shredded Chicken:
- Add chicken and bone broth to your Instant Pot insert. Sprinkle sea salt evenly on chicken. Seal the lid and press the "Poultry" or "Pressure Cook" setting to cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the almond satay sauce below.
- When the timer is up, manually release the pressure and transfer chicken to a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken well.
- Let cool until just warm before transferring the shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and tossing with the satay sauce, green onions, and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.
For the Almond Satay: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.