Posted by https://grazedandenthused.com/almond-chicken-satay/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Shredded Chicken with Almond Satay
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds mixed boneless skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 handfuls cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
- Almond Satay:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut or cashew milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
For the Shredded Chicken:
- Add chicken and bone broth to your Instant Pot insert. Sprinkle sea salt evenly on chicken. Seal the lid and press the "Poultry" setting to cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the almond satay sauce below.
- When the timer is up, manually release the pressure and transfer chicken to a large cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken well.
- Let cool until just warm before transferring the shredded chicken to a large mixing bowl and tossing with the satay sauce, green onions, and cilantro. Serve with the lime wedges.
For the Almond Satay: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.