Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/nightshade-free-taco-beef-spaghetti-squash-boats-paleowhole30aip-adaptable-2014/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Nightshade-Free Taco Boats
- Spaghetti Squash:
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound spaghetti squash, halved or quartered
- 1 cup water
- Taco Beef:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayo (for AIP, use coconut cream or mayo substitute)
- for serving: chopped cilantro, white parts of the sliced green onion above, sliced black olives, nutritional yeast, avocado cream
For the Spaghetti Squash
- Half the spaghetti squash widthwise. Check to see if both halves will fit inside your Instant Pot insert. If not, then half again into quarters. I was able to fit 3 quarters of my squash in my 6-quart Instant Pot insert, which is plenty for this recipe.
- Add the water to the insert and seal the lid.
- Set the Manual timer to 6 minutes and release the pressure once the timer goes off.
- Use tongs to remove the squash to a cutting board and dump the water out.
- While you cook the ground beef, use a fork to remove the squash from its skin. Keep the skins if you want to serve the taco beef mixture in them.
For the Taco Beef
- Turn the Saute function on and heat the olive oil. Add the green parts only of the green onion and the diced yellow onion to the insert. Saute for 5 minutes until fragrant and softened.
- Crumble the ground beef into the insert and cook with the onions until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add all of the remaining seasonings except ½ teaspoon of sea salt to the pot and stir to coat the ground beef.
- Stir in the mayo and the 6 cups of cooked squash. Continue to cook for a couple minutes until everything is well combined.
- Remove insert from heat and stir in remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- To serve, spoon Taco Beef mixture into spaghetti squash skins or in individual serving bowls, taco shells, or lettuce cups. Top with chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, black olives, nutritional yeast, and avocado cream.