Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/maple-bacon-balsamic-pulled-pork/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Maple Bacon Balsamic Pulled Pork
- 3 pounds bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup broth
- Place pork shoulder in Instant Pot insert. In a small bowl, mix sea salt, cinnamon and garlic together. Rub on all sides of the pork shoulder.
- Lay bacon on top of the pork. Sprinkle balsamic and fish sauce over the bacon, then lay onion slices on top. Carefully pour in broth around the roast.
- Pressure cook on manual setting, ensuring the lid is sealed, for 1 hour 40 minutes (100 minutes).
- Release pressure and use a set of large tongs to transfer the pork roast (bacon and onions included) onto a rimmed cutting board, baking sheet, or a large and deep glass storage container. Use two forks to shred the meat, bacon, and onion well.
- In a measuring cup, whisk ½ cup of the cooking liquid from the insert with the maple syrup. Pour over the pulled pork and toss to coat. Toss again just before serving.