Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/instant-pot-mushroom-risotto-paleoaip21dsd/
© 2017 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup homemade chicken broth
- 16 ounce bag cauliflower rice (about 3 1/2 cups rice)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- for serving, chopped chives and cracked black pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- Turn Instant Pot "Saute" function on. Heat olive oil in the insert.
Saute mushrooms, leeks, zucchini, herbs, garlic, and sea salt for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in coconut milk, broth, and cauliflower rice. Seal the lid and set to "Manual" function for 3 minutes. Once the timer elapses, vent and remove the lid.
- Turn the "Saute" function back on and slowly sprinkle in the arrowroot, stirring continuously, as the mixture thickens for another 2 to 3 minutes. You can always sprinkle in additional arrowroot a teaspoon at a time if you find you want even thicker, creamier risotto.
- Serve with chopped chives and black pepper for a punch of flavor!